In order to better integrate my blog with my website, better manage comment spam, and reduce my dependence on Google, this blog has moved to http://www.deborahfitchett.com/blog/. In order to avoid broken links I won't be deleting content from here, but no new content will be added, so please update your bookmarks and feeds.

Monday 29 August 2011

New Zealand libraries on Twitter (part 1)

[Edited 30/8 to add some more names and htmlise the @ links. Shall try not to edit further without extreme provocation. :-) ]

I tweeted that I was planning a blogpost about New Zealand libraries on Twitter, but neglected to mention that by "planning" I meant that I have all sorts of cool ideas about it in my head, the extraction of which generally depends on what other cool ideas I come up with in the meantime. This seems a bit unfair, so I decided at least I can blog this much so far, and hopefully having blogged a bit will inspire me to keep going.

So, I have a list of all the New Zealand libraries I've found on Twitter. (If I've missed one out, please let me know!) As of today, these break down to:

(Oh Access! The whole point of me typing this up in a database was so I could rearrange the information and copy/paste it out again! If I'd known you were going to be like this I'd have used Excel! --Hah, found the export function.)

Academic Libraries
@cpitlibrary
@LincolnULibrary
@Massey_Uni_Lib
@OtagoLibrary
@UnitecLibrary

Public Libraries
@AlexArchivists
@Auckland_Libs
@chblibraries
@ChristchurchLib
@dnlibraries
@Ed_Puke_Ariki (I think? or possibly should count as museum, for which I have another more haphazard list.)
@elgarweb
@GisborneLibrary]
@GreyLynnLibrary
@HDLibraries
@invlibrary
@kapiti_lib
@Kintalk
@kowhaireader
@Manukau_Libs
@mtroskillib
@nelsonlibraries
@NLNZ
@pncitylibrary
@PukeAriki
@Remueralibrary
@rodneylibraries
[ETA @RotoruaLibrary]
@shorelibs
@tararualibrary
@Taupo_Libraries
@UHLibrary
@wanganuilibrary
@wcl_library
@xenathecat

School Libraries
@anyquestionsnz
@Ashslibrary
@gbhslibrary
@Kingshighlib

Special Libraries
@EnergyLibrary
@KinderLibrary
@lilac_library
[ETA @L2_S2S]
@nzicalibrary
@rnzfblibrary
@WMLIB

Stuff that's awesome but isn't a library communicating with its users
@DigitalNZ
@newOnDigitalNZ
@Schoollibsnz
@SLIS_NZ
@Te_Ara

I may remove have removed this last category from my list and will remove it from any further analysis I do.

Not all of these accounts are currently in use. Further analysis to follow in due course.